If you are embarrassed by your smile, it can have an enormous impact on your life. You may find that you smile less than you used to, and you may avoid eye contact with people, even if you are a naturally friendly and outgoing person. If you are afraid to smile, your embarrassment may even be affecting your mental health; according to the British Dental Health Association, smiling boosts your mood and the disposition of those around you. People who smile frequently typically have more confidence, a better social life, and more professional success. If you are self-conscious about your teeth, Dr. Amy Vlachakis offers a number of cosmetic dentistry procedures to end your discomfort and put a smile back on your face.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is primarily intended to address the outward appearance of your smile. Personalized treatment plans and custom-crafted restorations are designed to match your natural teeth and target your specific needs. Nevertheless, although cosmetic dentistry is focused on the look of your smile, these procedures can greatly impact your oral health. Often, treatments can strengthen the outward structure of your teeth. Minor cosmetic adjustments can also make it easier to access your teeth and maintain good dental hygiene.
Your Cosmetic Dentistry Options
At Healthy Smiles Family Dentistry, we offer a number of advanced cosmetic options, including:
- Teeth whitening: In-office and at-home treatment can effectively reduce surface stains, giving you a smile up to eight shades whiter.
- KoR® Deep BleachingTM:This revolutionary method of teeth whitening can permanently lighten your smile by up to 16 shades.
- Bonding: By applying tooth-colored composite resin to the front of your teeth, Dr. Vlachakis can reshape your teeth and eliminate flaws such as cracks or stains.
- Tooth contouring: Your cosmetic dentist will lightly remove a tiny amount of enamel to reshape your tooth or reduce the size of a disproportionately large tooth.
- Veneers: Dr. Vlachakis will apply thin, custom-made shells of porcelain to the front of your teeth to cover up flaws such as cracks, gaps, and minor misalignment.
- Smile makeover: You can select two or more cosmetic treatments for truly personalized treatment to transform your smile.
Affording Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dental treatments are typically not covered by insurance. However, at Healthy Smiles Family Dentistry, we believe everyone should have access to a beautiful, stunning smile. We accept all major credit cards, as well as CareCreditTM. Our administrative team will be happy to help you find a repayment plan that fits your budget.
Ask Dr. Vlachakis About Your Cosmetic Options
If you want to improve your smile’s appearance and raise your self-confidence, then ask Dr. Vlachakis about our variety of cosmetic dentistry options. To schedule a consultation, call Healthy Smiles Family Dentistry today at (281) 974-4494. Located in Memorial City Plaza, we proudly serve the residents of Houston, Memorial City, Bunker Hill, West Beltway, City Center, Hedwig Village, and all surrounding communities.