Teeth bonding is a time-tested technique in cosmetic dentistry. By carefully applying composite resin to the front of your teeth, Dr. Vlachakis can cover up surface flaws, and in many cases, she can even change the shape of your teeth. Bonding is very affordable and offers natural results. Thanks to Dr. Vlachakis’ considerable cosmetic skill, following your teeth bonding treatment, you will enjoy a straighter, whiter, and dramatically improved smile.
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding uses tooth-colored composite resin to conceal and correct flaws in your smile. Resin comes in various shades, and before your treatment, Dr. Vlachakis will carefully select the composite that most closely matches the natural color of your smile. Then she will very lightly roughen the surface of your teeth and apply a conditioning coating to create a stronger bonding surface for the composite. Next she will carefully apply the resin, sculpting it to match the natural contours of your teeth. When this process is complete, she will use a UV light to harden the material. Finally, she will trim excess resin and polish the surface of your teeth. The entire process typically takes between 30 minutes and an hour.
Dental Bonding Results
Bonding can correct a wide range of dental flaws. Dr. Vlachakis may use this treatment to:
- Fill in chips or cracks
- Close gaps between teeth
- Cover intrinsic dental stains
- Lengthen worn or eroded teeth
- Alter the appearance of irregularly shaped teeth
- Cover up dental roots that have been exposed by a receding gum line
For the first 48 hours after your bonding treatment, the composite resin will be unusually susceptible to stains. During these first two days, you should avoid smoking, as well as food and drink such as coffee, tea, wine, and tomato sauce. For long-term maintenance, you should practice good dental hygiene and schedule routine cleanings and exams.
Benefits of Teeth Bonding
There are a number of great reasons to consider enhancing your smile with dental bonding. The benefits of this treatment include:
- It can correct multiple cosmetic issues at once.
- The process does not permanently alter your teeth, making it a reversible treatment.
- Bonding can be performed in a single visit to the office.
- The process is gentle and comfortable, requiring little preparation.
- We perform the procedure without the use of scalpel or drill, instead using an advanced dental laser.
- Following your treatment, you will enjoy a vastly improved smile and sense of self-confidence.
Ask Dr. Vlachakis About Tooth Bonding
If you want an effective but minimally invasive solution to improving your smile, then ask Dr. Vlachakis if tooth bonding is a good option. Schedule an examination by calling Healthy Smiles Family Dentistry today at (281) 974-4494. Located in Memorial City Plaza, we proudly serve the residents of Houston, Memorial City, Bunker Hill, West Beltway, City Center, Hedwig Village, and all surrounding communities.