As the fun, scary, and thrilling holiday we know and love as Halloween steadily heads our way, what are your thoughts in relation to your headaches? Have you ever considered that holidays may bring with them a slew of triggers that will most certainly remind you it’s time to visit us for headache relief? Since the last thing we want is for you to feel any worse, we recommend you take our quiz! It may illuminate some things you can avoid while you’re celebrating, so you can keep your comfort level in check.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- Q1. True or False: Something as simple as eating very chewy or hard candy when you don’t usually indulge in these types of foods can lead to an intense need for headache relief. If your problem is related to your jaw joints, then head pain may ensue due to aggravation.
- Q2. True or False: If you overindulge in sweets, you may end up with a headache as a result of causing your blood sugar to spike. It’s best to eat just a few pieces and save the rest for later.
- Q3. True or False: Messing with your sleep schedule can lead to headaches the following day. If you’ve decided that this is a year for parties, remember you should head home before too late, so you get plenty of rest before work the next day.
- A1. True. When you force already irritated, inflamed, or damaged jaw joints to work, you may aggravate them, which can lead to soreness and even headaches!
- A2. True. You will likely find yourself seeking out headache relief if you overdo it on the indulging. Spikes in your blood sugar can most definitely result in head pain.
- A3. True. If you’re prone to headaches or not, messing with your usual sleep schedule can lead to discomfort. Do your best to sleep 7 to 8 hours every night, so you don’t suffer the side effects of sleep deprivation.
Prevent Headaches With Easy Tips
See us for tips as well as comprehensive headache relief, so you can enjoy your life free of consistent and frustrating pain. Schedule your visit with Healthy Smiles Family Dentistry today by calling (281) 974-4494. We serve patients from Houston, Memorial City, Bunker Hill, West Beltway, City Center, Hedwig Village, and all surrounding communities.