Treating the Underlying Causes of Your Chronic Pain
If you suffer from chronic headaches, you know the toll they can take on your daily life and comfort. At Healthy Smiles Family Dentistry, we provide lasting relief for headaches and migraines, as well as related conditions such asbruxism and TMJ. We do not simply want to reduce your symptoms; we want to eliminate the muscle tension and craniofacial imbalances that cause your headaches in the first place.
What Causes Headaches?
Many people think of headaches as a neurological condition. While your nerves certainly play a role in your head and neck pain, muscle tension and dental imbalance can trigger the neurological and biochemical reactions responsible for your headaches. In addition, certain dental conditions can inflame your jaw muscles, sending radiating pain and tension through your face, head, neck, and shoulders. The specific causes of headaches include:
- Face, head, or neck injuries
- A misaligned bite
- Missing teeth
- Damaged dental restorations
- Poor posture
- Lifestyle and habits
The TruDenta® System
Dr. Vlachakis is one of only 300 dentists in the country offering the non-invasive, drug-free TruDenta system. This treatment method is designed to reprogram your brain chemistry, eliminating the neurological reactions that trigger pain. Dr. Vlachakis will begin your treatment with a thorough diagnostic exam, involving a computer-assisted bite analysis, range of motion test, and muscle palpitations. When she has a complete understanding of your unique symptoms and health needs, she can create your personalized treatment plan. She will combine a custom-made mouth guard, physical therapy, microcurrent stimulation, and/or laser therapy to provide the most effective, long-lasting relief possible.
FDA-approved TruDenta offers enormous benefits for your total health and well-being. These advantages include:
- Long-lasting relief: TruDenta does not simply target your symptoms; it restores balance to your entire dental foundation. Thanks to this comprehensive treatment approach, you could enjoy lifelong freedom from headaches and migraines.
- Treats a variety of symptoms: In addition to ending your pain, TruDenta can eliminate related problems such as jaw pain, clicking or popping noises in the jaw, bruxism, TMJ, dental erosion, and neck tension, among other conditions.
- Natural treatment: This innovative treatment is comfortable, minimally invasive, and drug-free.
- Covered by insurance: Because TruDenta is so beneficial to your complete physical health, your medical insurance will typically cover all or part of your treatment.
Other Treatment Options
In addition to the TruDenta system, Dr. Vlachakis offers several other effective options for headache relief. These treatments include:
- Mouth guards: While mouth guards are often used in conjunction with TruDenta treatment, they can also be used by themselves to alleviate bruxism and TMJ. You will typically wear your custom-made mouth guard at night to realign your and prevent clinching and teeth grinding.
- Restorative dentistry: If you have missing or broken teeth, you will unconsciously try to bring your teeth into their proper positions. This can put immense stress on your joints and surrounding tissue. To repair your bite, Dr. Vlachakis can restore damaged teeth with dental crowns or replace missing teeth using a dental bridge.
- Orthodontic treatment: Correcting malocclusion and realigning your bite can also provide effective headache relief. Although Dr. Vlachakis does not place braces herself, she can refer you to a top orthodontist.
Find Out if We Can Relieve Your Headache
If your headache is caused by an oral health issue, such as a bite imbalance or TMJ disorder, then we can help you find relief with customized treatment. To see if we can help you relieve your headache, schedule an examination by calling Healthy Smiles Family Dentistry today at (281) 974-4494. Located in Memorial City Plaza, we proudly serve the residents of Houston, Memorial City, Bunker Hill, West Beltway, City Center, Hedwig Village, and all surrounding communities.